Aquí os pongo la información sobre la décima reunión de la Sociedad Internacional de Biotecnología Ambiental (ISEB) que se celebrará el año que viene en Barcelona. Dentro de las muchas tecnologías que se podrán presentar, está todo lo relacionado con el tratamiento de residuos orgánicos como el compostaje o la digestión anaerobia.
Biotechnologies are nowadays very popular in the environmental sector to manage a wide range of polluted waters and soils, and wastes like urban and industrial wastewaters, landfill leachate, animal wastes, and sludges of organic origin. Moreover, biotechnologies are usually very appropriate for developing countries due to their low investment costs and easy operation. Basic research and innovation on biotechnologies will contribute to tackling humanity challenges such as climate change, chemical pollution, and the search for alternative fuels.
The primary objective of the conference is to bring together scientists and practitioners to catalyse and advance scientific knowledge on environmental biotechnologies, and to present the most recent integrated technological innovations to face environmental problems.
Conference topics for ISEB 2016 will be:
- Characterization of microbial communities and biofilms
- Molecular and microbial advances related to pollutant’s transformation processes
- Environmental processes and bioremediation related to nutrients and metals
- Biokinetic and ecological modelling
- Ecological engineering
- Biomarkers and biosensors
- Identification and monitoring of biohazards
- Groundwater bioremediation: attenuation and reactive barriers
- Bioremediation of sites contaminated with crude oil, petrochemicals and PAHs
- Bioremediation of sites contaminated with chlorinated and other recalcitrant compounds
- Biotransformation and removal of emerging compounds, pharmaceuticals and priority pollutants
- Waste treatment, composting, anaerobic digestion
- Biological wastewater treatment
- Phytoremediation for decontamination, constructed wetlands and other nature-based solutions
- Microalgae for wastewater treatment, biofuels and bioproducts
- Water and waste valorisation and reuse
- Renewable feed stocks and resources
- Biorefineries, biofuels and bulk chemicals